Wednesday, March 14, 2012

TOU anyone?

Welllllllll...............I just signed up for a marathon.

Add that to the list of things unemployed college grads do.

I am hesitant to tell.....well all 2 of you that read my blog because:
A. I am in week 2 of my training............and so that leaves, ohhhhhh just 26 left.
B. A marathon is 26.2 miles
C. It is week 2 and I allllmost justified NOT going on my run today (but I went, so that's a good sign right?)
D. What if I get injured in week 3 and am out for the rest?
E. You run 26.2 miles in a marathon.....That's like running to my Grandma's house.
F. Since when have I raced in something longer than a 5k?
G. It takes a car 26 minutes to DRIVE a marathon....traveling at 60 mph.
H. Did I mention that a marathon is 26.2 MILES???
I. Crap.
J. I'm toast.
K. Burnt toast.
L. Poop on toast.

Anyone wanna be my running buddy? Come onnnnn....I know you want to.......

September 15 is race day. Top of Utah Marathon. Logan, UT. Be there or be square.

6 comments:

Mindy said...

I will definitely be there cheering you on. I am a running nerd and actually go every year, even if it is just to watch. P.s. It's highly unlikely you will get injured in week three. It's most like a month BEFORE the marathon after you have done all that hard work! ;) I keed. I keed. {But it's still kinda true.} Where did you get your marathon program from? I would love to see it.

Jared and Erica said...

whoooo hooo! Way to be :) You can do it! Just only run one day at a time. Once isn't so bad..? I've never run one, but I hear you feel like the biggest baddest most amazing person afterwards for finishing. I uh can't be your running buddy though. Sorry. I think I'd have my child RIGHT there in the middle of the road if I tried that. kinda awkward ya know? I love it when you blog :) count me as #1 reader.

Daniel & Sarah said...

good luck Brit thats great that you are going to do it. i wish i could be your running buddy!

C and MC said...

Just give up now. What's the point? You really think you can do it? (TOTALLY JK-in ya.) Good luck friend.

cole linnae said...

hahahahhahah L.

Summer said...

so glad you posted again! please do it more...it makes me feel like i'm part of your life again haha anddd i'm SO proud of you for doing a marathon! whoo hooo go you!