I've donated blood before......okay, like one other time....BUT i have had my blood drawn plenty of times...too many times.
If you haven't given blood before, it is kind of a tedious process. They ask you about a million and one times if your blood is 'safe.' You know, like you don't have AIDS and stuff, and then they have to prick your finger to see if your iron levels are high enough, and so on...
So I sit in the chair, next in line to get stuck, while Deborah, my fortunate phlebotomist talks to the girl in the chair next to me who had been there for like ever....she must have had way slow blood. You know those people? Freakin slow-blooded people. sheesh. She was also one of those people who is scared of needles and....blood....? Which made me ask 'WHY?' why in the world are you donating blood? Weirrrrd.
Finally it's my turn as Deborah turns and prepares to stick the needle in my arm.....and lo and behold she misses my vein. SHOCKER. Freakin story of my life. I have small veins.
Now can any one guess what she does next? Yep. She starts movin that needle around searchin for that vein that she's obviously missed. Wow, really? REALLY? Thankfully 'Debbie' was not too prideful to ask another nurse for some help. This kind lady removed the needle and found my vein on her first stab. Good work.
Now today my left hand has been tingly and my part of my thumb is numb. PERFECT. Deborah must have hit a nerve when she missed my vein. Thanks a lot Deb.
the numbness should go away...right?
I won't have to get my thumb amputated....right??
I know most of you have seen this, but I just love it.
5 comments:
hahahahha.
BUHLUUUUUD
Was it your gummy thumb? Wouldn't that be great! LOL!
Oh my Brit, you are my soul sister. The people who go to donate blood and then complain and freak out the entire time about how scared they are and blah blah blah BUG ME SO FREAKING BAD!!!! Oh my. I'll donate twice as much if they'll just go home already. Loved your post. Watched "Blood" which led me to "Charlie Bit Me". Thank you.
HAHAHA this was so hilarious. I'm glad i came across your blog. Good luck with the thumb, i sincerely hope no amputation is required. Thumbs are an integral part of the body, it's the only thing that separates us from apes... which makes me wonder why men aren't born without them. Great blog.
http://theboyfrienddrama.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment