Saturday, February 13, 2010

Friends

Saturday my friend Sarah is having a bridal shower. Sarah and I have been friends since Mrs. Herbst's 4th grade class. Here are some memories I have with Sarah:
  • Same 4th grade class
  • her abnormally large golden retriever, Bo. who happened to be my dog, Ginger's, brother
  • dropping gummy bears off the top of her stairs and catching them in our mouths
  • Mrs. Bishop and Larsen's 5th grade class
  • Sarah would always buy fruit roll-ups at lunch
  • putting our fruit roll ups in the snow at lunch recess then finding them last recess to eat them
  • trick or treating
  • sarah being here when Ginger had her first litter of puppies
  • playing nintendo 64 at our sleepovers...mario party
  • getting our hair done for her birthday
  • tubing behind their boat for her birthday
  • making a candy bar poster for Miss Schulz's birthday and delivering it to her house
  • playing soccer in our basement addition with water...sarah falling
  • sarah teaching me how to do a back flip
  • decorating cakes for my birthday party in sixth grade
  • being locker partners
  • riding bikes
  • yellowstone trip after high school
  • goat cheese
  • Norway
  • cooking together
  • toll house chocolate chip cookies
  • making crafts
  • free stuff from her dad's work
  • movies
  • chuck, miss chippy, apollo, bo, duke, jack
  • going to see the first Harry Potter in theaters
Thank you Sarah for being such a great friend and always being there for me!


As a little post thought to this post...I have been thinking a lot about mine and Sarah's friendship lately, and I guess you could say friendships in general, and here is what I came up with. So you become friends with someone and become really close. You hang out a lot share secrets and feelings, create unforgettable memories and you think things couldn't get any better. Then reality hits and time continues to tick. You have somewhat different interests, or your situations change. Everyone starts going their own way. You see each other less and less. Soon you don't even hang out with that person and seem to rarely see them. Why do people change? Why do situations change? People move to college, go to different schools, find new friends to make new memories with. And you just aren't in their picture anymore. What happened? . People go to school, get married, have a family, get a job. But what is so great about a friendship is that you will always have a piece of that person and they will have a piece of you. They were part of your life and you theirs. Something that my parents said to me recently when I was having my regular "I have no friends" cry-fest, is to love your relationships for what they are. Make the most of what you have.

2 comments:

cole linnae said...

sometimes i have 'ihavenofriendscryfest'

lets be FRIENDS

Sharlene and Matt said...

YAY for posting. and that is good. you are a great friend. that is so true that situations change and someone you were BEST friends with is fading out of the picture but luckily we have pictures and memories and opportunities to make new friends. you are a good writer. so post more!! haha I LOVE you. that was good seeing you. I'm excited to hang out again.