Tuesday, March 2, 2010

March!

Today, okay technically yesterday, was March 1st. February flew right by! I seriously can not WAIT any longer for summer/spring/any warmth! Today I sat outside between classes and it felt so good to feel the sunshine! It's weird....it's almost like I forget what warm weather feels like when it has been cold for so long. Do you know what I mean? Anywayyys, it felt really good outside today. Just sayin.

K, sooo, I didn't even post about one of the greatest things EVER... Let me just start at the beginning:

So one day, Brooke, my stista, was texting me. She randomly said that she was looking at dogs on KSL and saw a really cute golden retriever mix. She said that it was too bad she didn't live in Logan otherwise she would go look at these adorable puppies. Soooo that's when I said that I would be MORE than willing to go look at them for her. HECK, I will go BUY one for her.
So I looked him up on KSL. Once I saw him I knew he was the one. Somehow I just knew that he was the ONE. I mean, call it dog intuition, or blame it on my dog whispering skills, say what you want, but I KNEW.

Here was the kicker. Shawn would not have it. Plus Brooke and Shawn have a new house and don't have a yard. Well crap. So I texted Shawn and asked him to PLEASE let Brooke have a puppy. He just laughed. Yeah, he laughed in my face. Little did he know, I already knew he was going to get it, HE just didn't know that yet.
So I told Brooke to talk to him. She worked her magic that only Brooke could work, and (little to my surprise and much to his own) Shawn said YES. I later asked Brooke how she did it. And she said that she pulled the birthday card (way to go Brookie, that was a good one:) ) Which is on the 17th of this very month. You know what day that is right? Lucky number 17. St. Patricks Day. She is one lucky little leprechaun!

I went and picked up 'Freckles' as the previous owners had named him (thankfully Brooke and Shawn changed his name to Cooper) and took him to my apartment. On our drive over, me and Coop had a great conversation. So what? I talk to dogs in the car. He was such a good boy!

I wish I could have kept him forever.

But it was like a dream come true to have him there even if it was just for a short 1/2 hour.
Thanks Brooke and Shawn!

First Family photo

Look at his face? Who could resist?







6 comments:

Jess and Kip said...

I love it! I love the story and that Brooke got the dog! You are so cute and funny Britt!

C and MC said...

You are a dog whisperer, it must be in the Dickson blood. He is a cutie.

bigt8090 said...

Brit, wasn't that a special night? :) he has been such a good puppy. I can't help but give you credit. You must have done some kind of dog whispering magic in that half hour that you had him. Thanks brit. I really appreciate it. Shawn really really appreciates it.

david said...

you are a comedian...I mean seriously...you should start a show!! :)

david said...

that was from joni bytheway

Kyle, Cassie and Kids said...

Oh that's so funny and so cute! Brit you are just to dang cute... I'm so glad you have dog whispering skills, maybe you can come and talk to Duke for him and tell him to be better around strangers! =) Luv YA!